Lindex bags online haul!

Recently I have taken up shopping online and this is my experience with one of my online hauls. There are two things worth considering before placing an online order. Firstly, sales in actual shops (not virtual ones) sometimes have better sales than online shops. I suspect this is due to limited storage space in actual shops and their need to clear some of the longer lingering items. Secondly, delivery to local shops is free of charge, so you can save postage fees if you can pick up your online order from a local shop yourself.

I really like Lindex. They have some very stylish designs and the quality of the items is usually very good. I have bought several bags from Lindex actual shops before when they went on sale but this time I risked and placed an online order. It was really easy and I was soon notified that I can pick up my purchase in an actual shop that I had chosen during the shopping procedure. One thing of note- I suggest putting the pick up off for a few days after the notification to avoid mishaps of the order not actually being there yet. I didn't have this bad experience of pick up with Lindex but my order at Stradivarius was one week later than the notification of its delivery to the shop for me to pick up.

My Lindex order was packed in a solid bag with a handle. I really liked the packaging and it was convenient to carry home. It even stated it was "filled with fashion", which was true and how cute is that?

P1670706

I cut the bag open and the two bags I had purchased online came out. It was nice that they too had been packed separately to avoid staining. I recycle plastic, so I don't mind extra packaging a bit.

P1670708

You can notice that each bag had a special item included in their individual packaging. That is, each bag had that special thing for absorbing humidity. I usually find them inside new bags in actual shops, so I guess they are somewhat of an industry standard.

P1670710

Now, let's look into each bag close. The first bag came out a bit of a disappointment. It is a small wallet on the chain/clutch but it significantly differs from the advertised product on the online shop-if yo look at the screenshot of the bag online, you will see that the bag I have has a metal piece missing.

P1670712

Advertiser
The metal piece is missing on my bag not because it has broken off but because it has never been there. I examined this model in the actual shop and neither of the bags there has this metal detail. I believe it is a good reason for a return and a refund but I really liked this bag, so I decided to keep it. Inside, it has several compartments.

P1670714

The bag can be worn as a cross-body bag and the chain is removable in case you want to exchange it for another chain.

P1670716

This bag closes with one button-type clasp.

P1670717

You can wear this bag as a clutch as well.

P1670737

The back of this bag is not quilted. I do have a feeling that a small pocket on the back side would be a valuable addition to the design.

P1670738

The retail price for this bag was 19,99 euros, it went down to 13,95 euros in the sale. At the moment of writing this entry, this particular model was sold out online but some actual shops still stock it. This is another thing to keep in mind while doing online shopping- if an item sells out online, it can still be available in actual shops, though in terms of shoes or clothes they may run out of desired sizes or colours.

The second bag is somewhat dusty pink. There are two options only for this particular model: dusty pink and bright red. I felt that the pink one will go with many outfits very well. It has a chain that enables it to be worn cross-body in addition to wearing it as a shoulder bag. This bag also fits much more stuff than the first bag.

P1670719

This bag, unlike the black bag, came stuffed with brown paper that helps it keep its shape. I kept the paper and I always stuff my bags when I don't use them. Another hack for you while buying a bag in an actual shop-for some reason the shop assistants always remove the stuffing paper or plastic before packing the bag up for purchase, so I have to use some of my winter scarfs for stuffing.

P1670721

There is a zipped pocket and there is an open pocket in the bag but it has only one compartment, which is fine for carrying more stuff.

P1670723

The bag closes with a button-type clasp.

P1670726

Gold-coloured metal details do give this model a sort of Gucci look. I suppose this is the reason why it caught my eye in the first place. You can notice this double "O" design on many belts, too.

P1670727

You can wear it with a short double chain strap over your shoulder.

P1670729

The back of the bag is also quilted, which makes the look more complete and elegant.

P1670733

This bag would easily fit a mini umbrella, which is very important in unpredictable climate.

P1670735

The retail price for this bag was 29,99 euros but it went down to 14,95 euros in the sale. At the moment of writing this entry, this particular model is still available both online and in the actual shops. However, at the moment of writing this entry, the sale for this model is online only if you live in Lithuania.

What do you think of these bags?

Comments